4.9-R on IBM xSeries 305 or Dell PowerEdge 650?

Jim Zajkowski jim at jimz.net
Mon Feb 2 15:16:31 PST 2004

On Feb 2, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Doug White wrote:

> I have an x335 here, which apart from the keyboard not working due to
> ACPI
> wierdness, functions properly otherwise.  Works as expected with ACPI
> disabled.

On my x335's I've found:

a. I needed to disable ACPI too.

b. On 5.1 I needed to step down the number of open tags (camcontrol
tags) to 32 or less to prevent the whole thing from locking up.

c. On 4.9 I needed to not enable the HTT "processors" or I got sluggish
performance.  The real SMP processors work fine.

Same for you?

--Jim