Is the Iomega USB Zip CD drive supported?

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Wed Dec 15 18:53:53 PST 2004

Have any of you gotten the Iomega USB Zip CD drive working with any
version of FreeBSD?  I'm having no luck with it.  On a 6-current
system from mid-October, I get this when I connect the drive:

umass0: Iomega USB Zip CD, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0

"camcontrol rescan all" gives me another 5 repeats of the phase
error messages.  After that, "camcontrol devlist" still doesn't show
the Iomega drive.

If anyone has this drive working, I'd really like to hear about it.
I don't have much experience with USB, and could easily be doing
something wrong.

Thanks,
John