How to receive BIOS console redirection?

Douglas K. Rand rand at meridian-enviro.com
Tue Aug 17 09:45:30 PDT 2004

** Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru at myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp> on Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:09:12 +0900
** in [Re: How to receive BIOS console redirection?] writes:

Hiroharu> And for 3ware RAID BIOS (entered with Alt-3), the menu is
Hiroharu> entered (as verified on video console), but the output is
Hiroharu> not redirected to the serial port, though, the keys I type
Hiroharu> on the serial side are sent and recoganized by the RAID
Hiroharu> BIOS.

We ran into a similar problem with the 3ware BIOS on a few systems of
ours that have a PC Weasel card. The 3ware card swithces to graphics
mode, and the serial forwarding can't handle the graphics. (I know, it
still looks like text, but it's really graphics mode.) 3ware did this
because of their 12 port controllers, they needed graphics mode to be
able to get all the drives listed on the screen.