SCSI drive recommendation in 1U box ...

Simon simon at optinet.com
Thu Apr 29 09:07:19 PDT 2004

Hot? no they don't, the very old ones do, but not the 5-7 generation.
Also make sure your 1U chassis are properly designed to have enough
airflow as mentioned in previous reply by Erich. Finally, all drives fail
with given enough time and abuse, so if you need uptime, use RAID.
You can fit 2-4 drives in a single 1U chassis, so you can run RAID 1,
5, 1+0, 0+1, etc... By the way, Hitachi just came out with 300GB SCSI
drives; 4 such drives in RAID 5 will give you ~900GB, nuts.

-Simon