FreeBSD with SATA on Dell PowerEdge 750

Richard Bejtlich richard_bejtlich at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 13:25:36 PDT 2004

Hello,

Is anyone using FreeBSD 5.x on the Dell PowerEdge 750
with SATA?

I saw the earlier thread about a PE 750 with SCSI
controller.[0]

I'm considering the same box, except with the onboard
SATA for non-RAID applications.  The PE 750 is
reported to have an Intel 7210 chipset.[1]  This seems
to be paired with the Intel 6300ESB I/O controller.[2]
 I just noticed mail on freebsd-current discussing
this very device.[3] A quick check of the CVS tree
shows recent mention of this device in places like
src/sys/dev/ata/ata-chipset.c.[4]

Can anyone report their findings with this hardware?

Thank you,

Richard
http://www.taosecurity.com

[0]