Escalde 7506-4LP PCI parity error on Asustek p2b-ds

Artem Koutchine matrix at itlegion.ru
Mon Apr 19 03:18:33 PDT 2004

> > twe0: <3ware Storage Controller> port 0xb800-0xb80f mem 0xe0000000-0xe07fff=
> > ff,0xe0800000-0xe080000f irq 5 at device 11.0 on pci0
> > twe0: PCI parity error: Reseat card, move card or buggy device present.
> > (this line is repeated many times).
> This is the original message I wrote back then:
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2002/freebsd-hardware/20020623.freebsd-hardware
>
> I couldn't confirm if it were safe to ignore the message or
> not, but I never had any trouble with it for the 1+ year
> that I ran the system.  That includes mail alarting and
> rebuilding the array through the 3dmd utility.  I use to run
> JBOD, mirroring and RAID5 on that card.

Thank you for replying. I just installed FreeBSD on
that dual P2B-DS MB with 2 P3 550Mhz CPUs and
run top. What i saw scred me. I saw 50% CPU LOAD on
interupts. Nothing really was running, The system is just
installed and it was my first login (as root). I thinj this
50% interupts load is somehow related to the error message.
But this is just a guess. Is there any way to be make it sure?

Artem