Escalde 7506-4LP PCI parity error on Asustek p2b-ds

Artem Koutchine matrix at itlegion.ru
Mon Apr 19 01:12:34 PDT 2004

Hi!

I am trying to install an escalde 7506-4LP into 32 PCI slot
on Asustek P2B-DS motherboard with dual PIII 550Mhz
CPUs. I have installed the card and inisialized RAID 5 array
(3 drives). The in inserted the FreeBSD installed disk (5.2-RC2)
and tried installing it. During kernel boot i see message like:

twe0: <3ware Storage Controller> port 0xb800-0xb80f mem 0xe0000000-0xe07fff=
ff,0xe0800000-0xe080000f irq 5 at device 11.0 on pci0
twe0: PCI parity error: Reseat card, move card or buggy device present.
(this line is repeated many times).

I have searched google and maillist archived and have found that other
people have met this error message, but there is nowhere clear explanation
why it is happening. Some people say it should be just ignored. Is it so?

Please help, i need to get this box running this week.

Regards,
Artem Kuchin