newbie : FreeBSD and Java

Ryan Haarberg haarberg at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 09:35:46 PDT 2003

I am in a position of managing a webserver that serves a Java based application. It currently is deployed on a Windows XP machine but we are in the process of moving this application. The application requires Java 1.3.1 or above so I think that we are OK there, now. I am however new to FreeBSD and am wondering how hard to expect to install and deploy an application like this? And what complications would should a person perceive in doing this project?

Thank you in advance,

Ryan Haarberg