3ware escalade

Cassidy B. Larson butch at infowest.com
Thu Oct 2 13:28:21 PDT 2003

Very strange indeed.  I don't think there is a problem with my 8506 card, as
it is a different model than the 7500, it's SATA not parallel ATA.  RAID10
works just like a charm, however, RAID5 does not.

I'm running the latest firmware on the BIOS, card, etc.

I've read in the past with those that contact 3ware, detailing that they use
FreeBSD are given the shaft as FreeBSD isn't supported at all by 3ware
(IIRC).

Any other useful hints, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated from anyone.

Thanks!

Cassidy