3ware escalade

Simon simon at optinet.com
Thu Oct 2 12:36:22 PDT 2003

I just want to confirm that rebooting a server with 3ware 7500-8 while
in rebuilding mode, reboots the machine just fine. The controller comes
back in rebuilding mode and starts to rebuild in few minutes. However, I'm
not sure if it starts from scratch or continues where it had left off. I guess
I could verify this, but it doesn't really matter to me as I don't expect to
reboot in the middle of a rebuild.

Having said the above, there might be something wrong with your 8506
controller if it does not reboot after rebooting while in rebuilding mode.
Maybe you need firmware upgrade, I would contact 3ware.

-Simon