3ware escalade

Cassidy B. Larson butch at infowest.com
Thu Oct 2 08:29:08 PDT 2003

I would think for Redundancy in a RAID array a hardware controller should be
allowed to have the machine reboot during a rebuild process and not loose
track of where it is, and still run in degraded mode.

Last test was a RAID10 rebuild, to see if a reboot would load the OS fine.
It appears it successfully reboots during a rebuild phase. Strange how a
RAID5 wouldn't boot and a RAID10 would.  I'll try RAID5 once more to see if
I got something amiss.  However, I do like the speed of a RAID10.. Maybe
I'll just keep it.

Cassidy