SCSI, SMP, and Supermicro, problems!

David Raistrick drais at wow.atlasta.net
Wed Oct 1 12:59:08 PDT 2003

Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions and help.

Between Supermicro Support and myself we've decided to RMA the
motherboard...it seems to have various issues:

  Doesn't boot with tested-good recommended memory (Kingston
   KVR266X72RC25/25)
  SCSI related crashes with a UP 4.7-R GENERIC kernel
  ATA related crashes with a SMP 4.7-R kernel when SCSI disabled (jumper
   J22)
  SCSI & ATA crashes with SMP 4.8-R kernel, with or without SCSI disks
   installed.

Hopefully a replacement board will clear most of this up.  I do know I'll
need to tweak the 4.8-R em driver to fix the watchdog timeouts, and I may
need to apply Richy's UNSWIZZLE patch down the road.

The board is /very/ recent, dated 08/03...it's possible that it's just a
bad one.

Fingers crossed!

...david (awaiting the advance replacement)

---
david raistrick
drais at atlasta.net		http://www.expita.com/nomime.html