FreeBSD and PC104

Eric Germann ekgermann at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 12:01:41 PDT 2003

We're starting a project where PC/104 looks like an
ideal form factor and would prefer to use fbsd as the
OS.  I/O requirements are as follows:

1.  Sound card supported by fbsd
2.  About 5 digital status inputs
3.  a serial output
4.  wired lan connectivity
5.  support for wireless.

Looked at embedded586.com and they have some nice
gear. From what I've found, it looks like PC/104 is
just a goofy pinout for ISA bus gear, so the the
theory is, sound, lan, serial, etc should be
supported.

Any input on this angle from the community?

Finally, does anyone know of PC/104 digital and/or
analog I/O cards which have fbsd support?
Alternatively, since you can get PC/104 to ISA
"convertors", any ISA analog and/or digial I/O cards
with fbsd supports.

Thanks for the input.

Eric