BSD 3DM & Drivers

Peter Galbavy peter.galbavy at knowtion.net
Wed May 21 01:31:02 PDT 2003

Alan Pao (by way of "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec.net>) wrote:
> This nice chap from 3Ware is requesting additional requests for BSD
> drivers to support the effort within 3Ware - I'm sure we can oblidge!
> If you have any interest in running BSD (any flavor) on 3Ware RAID
> controllers, please email a request indicating that you use, or would
> like to use same.

You will normally find that most companies actually want your business.
There is a certain limit to how many times you can go and ask for
information on supporting a product for free that will result in increased
sales of said product - at no real cost to the vendor. 3Ware have had
numerous requests over the years for documentation from a wide range of
interested parties.

There is little value is wasting additional time in order to make some
middle manager in this obscure company feel wanted. If they really wanted to
get support into the BSDs, then cards and documentation would (by now) be
volunteered to the relevant groups involved.

More begging is a waste of time, buy better supported products.

Peter