Floppy install kernel doesn't recognize USB keyboard

Noone Important thxmadness at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 04:29:28 PDT 2003

Hi, This is my first time installing and trying FreeBSD, after using Windows XP, Linux (Mandrake 9.1), and BeOS 5.  I am attempting to install from a "DOS partition" using the two boot floppies, but my USB keyboard is not recognized by the kernel, so I can't confirm the choices once the install GUI appears.  My computer is a Dell Dimension (rather common these days) and my BIOS includes a "USB emulation" setting, but it doesn't matter what it is set to--it still doesn't work. I am finding this rather frustrating, considering USB keyboards are the standard on new PCs, and they really should be supported in the installation kernel of a modern OS.  Are there any (undocumented) options that I am missing during the boot from the install floppies?  Also, are there any message boards, mailing lists, etc. devoted to the installation process? Thanks,Ben