Qlogic Fibre Channel Host Adapter

Chad Stalvey cstalvey at hcsmail.com
Tue Jun 24 07:33:21 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm needing some help with a QLA2200 Fibre Channel Card on FreeBSD 4.2. I've
installed the card and the bios sees the raid 5 partition on our san. When
booting I see a warning message of:

isp0: <Qlogic ISP 2200 PCI FC-AL Adapter> port 0x3000-0x30ff mem
0xf4200000-0xf4200fff irq 5 at device 4.0 on pci2
isp0: WARNING- cannot determine Expanded LUN capability- limiting to one LUN

I'm trying to add the disk through /stand/sysinstall, but fdisk only sees
the one local attached drive.

I also added the line: ispfs_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf  as I saw that
fixed someone else's similar "Lun" problem on another list.

I'm thinking I need some drivers for this card? Or am I way off? The only
drivers I see on Qlogic's site are that of Redhat, Solaris, and SCO. Are
there FreeBSD drivers available?

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Chad Stalvey