USB 256MB storage device

Jason Barnes jbarnes at c3po.barnesos.net
Fri Jun 20 08:02:13 PDT 2003

	I have a pendrive that I'm trying to be able to access under
FreeBSD-STABLE (cvsupped early this morning).  When I plug it in, it finds
the device all right:

umass0: Leading Driver Co.,LTD. USB Mass Storage Device, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3
ugen0: Leading Driver Co.,LTD. USB Security Device, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4

	But later on (about a minute later maybe), I am notified that:

(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): got CAM status 0x4
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): lost device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): removing device entry

	When I try to access da0 it doesn't think that its been configured.

	The actual device is a 256MB "USB Flash Disk" by a company called
"Leading Driver" (the box also says, "New Age Storage" on it, that might
be related).  The front cover does have the curious pitchphrase, "Very
useful for speed and pleasure".  Hmmmm.

	Anyway, if anyone has any experience with this type of device and
can give me some ideas for things to try I would greatly apreciate it!

	AtDhVaAnNkCsE,
				- Jason