VIA EPIA and FreeBSD 4.8

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Mon Jun 2 16:29:43 PDT 2003

Hi all.

<mode=sheepish>

I found the problem.
I had a faulty version of (both) the disk 1 and disk 2 iso's. this must have
occured during ftp'ing the isos from the local site and I didn't bother
checking the MD5s - it has been so long since I have had a faulty ftp
download.... anyhoo, I will now be using an automatic checksum checking ftp
program recommended by a friend.

all this was made far less identifyable by also having an intermittently
faulty RAM chip on one of the 4 boards.... the board I chose to start on
first.

anyhoo, you live and learn and relearn and relearn and forget and relearn
again....

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824