dual Xeon motherboard of choice?

Simon simon at optinet.com
Tue Jul 29 13:03:47 PDT 2003

Supermicro is a good choice, but I would get a mobo with Intel NICs.
2U is the way to go because you get better cooling, more space for
expansion and redundant power supplies, as you mentioned. You
may also want to get SCA backplane with SAF-TE chip for true
hot-swap capability. Not sure about Adaptec RAID, the drivers for
them haven't been so good from what I've read in the past, but if
that is no longer the case, the ability to add RAID via Adapatec zero
channel card is a very nice feature. Meanwhile, I use Mylex with
great results. Seagate SCSI drives are topnotch.

-Simon