Opinions on IDE RAID controllers?

Lanny Baron lnb at FreeBSDsystems.COM
Sun Jul 27 23:54:04 PDT 2003

Hi Josh,
We have a Server (I use it as a workstation) called the iNET900
(http://www.freebsdsystems.com/servers_900.html). This box does use SATA
as we needed to see how well things would work. The Intel Server Board
(fairly inexpensive when compared to to Intel dual xeon boards for what
I need it for) has two SATA controllers on-board. One from Intel and one
from Promise Technology.

The RAID (RAID-0+1) works exceedingly well.

In fact, while writing this, I have a USB SanDisk card reader for my
digital camera plugged in to edit with xv, a few pics.

FreeBSD 5.1 with the iNET900 absolutely rocks!

Lanny Baron