Asus onboard sound problem

Marcus Larsson kore at mindwipe.org
Fri Jul 4 00:00:41 PDT 2003

  Hi! I have a Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard with an onboard sound
  card. According to the mb. spec it's a ADI AD1985 SoundMAX 6-channel
  CODEC, AC'97 chipset. I'm running FreeBSD 5.1R and have device pcm
  in my kernconf.

  The only thing I see in dmesg output related to the card is
  pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 31.5 (no driver attached)

  Full dmesg output available at http://kore.hack.se/dmesg.txt

  I have no idea if this card is supported, maybe im missing
  something? Any comments on this one would be greatly appreciated.

  Kind regards

--
Marcus Larsson, Stockholm, Sweden
<http://kore.hack.se/contact/>