Problem writing VCD with burncd

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Dec 30 13:07:46 PST 2003

I have a -stable system from early December and recently tried to
burn a VCD onto a CD-RW using
	burncd -v -s 4 blank vcd foo.bin fixate
this fails after writing 6100KB with the kernel message
	acd0: WRITE_BIG - MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x0c ascq=0x10 error=0x04

I've tried two different CD-RW media - both of which work perfectly
trying to burn audio or data.  The CD writer is:
	acd0: CD-RW <SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-316B> at ata1-master UDMA33

I've looked thru the mailing list archives but can't find anything
that looks relevant.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've done
some googling and can't find any useful ATAPI ASC/ASCQ tables and that
ASC/ASCQ combination isn't listed in an SCSI ASC/ASCQ assignment list
dated 12/05/03.

Peter