HDD Woes

Dave and Julia Smith barak at globe.net.nz
Thu Dec 18 03:24:43 PST 2003

Hi folks,
I've done searches of posts & google and had no luck, so here goes...
Installing FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE goes smoothly, but when I reboot
after having set things like my X Server up etc. I get the following:

pid 88(fsck_ufs), uid 0: exited on signal 8
pid 89(fsck_ufs), uid 0: exited on signal 8

This happens and then it's followed by a machine lock. I've tried
two different HDD's now, a Seagate 120gig and a Seagate 40gig.
My Motherboard is a Soltek Golden Flame SL-75FRN2 which
uses the nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset with 512 Megs DDR400 RAM.

If anyone knows the solution (i.e updating to 5.1), can you PLEASE let me
know :)

Thanks Kindly,
        Dave