Dlink DWL-520 wireless nic problems

Mike Dickerson mdickerson at officeonweb.net
Fri Aug 29 08:57:23 PDT 2003

Howdy,

I have a dlink DWL-520 that claims to be supported by the wi driver (it
is not the 520+ which I also have but now understand has a different
chipset and certainly doesn't work currently under fbsd - doh!).

My system (5.1 p2 built yesterday) doesn't recognize the nic. The bios
picks it up as the machine boots. /var/run/dmesg.boot show that the OS
sees it but doesn't know what to do with it (it's on a home machine and
I don't have the specific line here). I think it said "unknown" or
something like that.

Does anyone have one of these working? Has anyone seen this? Am I just
being a bonehead? Clues for the clueless?

(even a wireless nic that does work)

please Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to -hardware

TIA,

mike