acpi needed to control fans on HP Proliant

akanwar at digitarchy.com akanwar at digitarchy.com
Sat Aug 23 11:26:48 PDT 2003

Hi Paul and Lanny,

Thanks for your replies.

Paul, you keep insisting that HP's use a seperate driver ... seems like you
run some of these machines :). DO you have any knowledge of what interface
the HP driver uses to control fan speed ? Any way to get the source code
for their Linux Driver ?

Lanny, How do i build in IPMI-BMC support into the 4.8 kernel ? What OS do
you use ? "BMC/FRUSDR/BIOS upgrade files" might not be available for the HP
branded OS.

If I can get a starting point, I will roll my own driver.

Thanks again,
-ansh