temperature acquisition on FreeBSD

Patrick Proniewski patpro at patpro.net
Tue Aug 5 08:56:12 PDT 2003

Hello,

(I'm not sure if it's the right ML for this question, if not, please
disregard this post)

I would like to plug on my freebsd box (router/firewall/small http
server) a handle of temperature acquisition probe, but I can't even
find the proper hardware.
I would like something to plug on the serial port (or USB port) that
allows me to record temperature with up to 5 probes (at least 2 probes,
but 5 or more would be great).
In terms of software, I've absolutely no idea how it's supposed to
work, but something that feed data into a database would be great
(rrdtool, mysql, whatever...)

any hint greatly appreciated

patpro
--
"Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout s'empile"
					- Mon bureau -