Driver for SA1100 USB NIC ?

Eric Jacobs eaja at erols.com
Sat Aug 2 12:38:46 PDT 2003

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:28:13 -0700
Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd at volant.org> wrote:

> I just recieved a Yopy 5700 Linux-based handheld.  When I plugged it into
> its cradle and turned it on, FreeBSD (4-STABLE/2003-04-01) reported:
>
> 	ugen0: vendor 0x0e7e SA1100 USB NIC, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 6
>
> None of the three USB NIC drivers (aue, cue, kue) seem to recognize it.
> Does anybody here recognize the SA1100 designation or have any advice
> on how to procede?

I was just hacking up a driver for this. It's for 5.1 and works with
my iPAQ 5400 and 3600.

http://users.erols.com/eaja/fbsd/if_saue.tar.gz

5400 requires some linux kernel changes:

http://users.erols.com/eaja/fbsd/pxa-usb_ep0.c.diff

It could probably be ported to 4.x pretty easily.

Hope this helps.
Eric