Is this supported?

Allan Nelson allan-nelson at oxley.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 2 18:50:22 PST 2003

Hi,

Just joined the list today, so sorry if this is the wrong place to post this message, but it seemed like the one it should go in.

Ok. I have a Laptop that i want to setup as a Wireless access point. I have 2 PCMCIA slots in it and am going to use one for the wireless card and the other for a network card (there is no inbuilt network port).

The wireless card works fine, and i have no problems setting that up and getting that to work, but as for the network card i can not get it to work.

It is an Alloy card, i am not sure of the chipset, but from my searches on the net it seemes it is just a clone ne2000 card. When i insert it into the laptop it says that the card is not found, and does nothing.

Now the problem is that i need to use this card to install FreeBSD on the laptop but it does not seem to load during the boot, even though all the lights that are ment to come on, work.

Here is a link to the card:
http://www.alloy.com.au/products/6305m.htm

If anyone can let me know if this is supported or if there is some driver that i can load after i have booted of the floppy that would be great.

Some other information that you might want --
Installing FreeBSD 5.0
Doing an FTP Install
Booting from the kern.flp and the mfsroot.fpl images

.
Thanks for any help

-|- Hurgh -|-