Segfault in OpenSSL even though GnuTLS demanded

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Thu Jul 28 18:27:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

first of all, I am compiling ports myself. No packages.

I try to install a console XMPP client. To my
disappointment, both irssi-xmpp and mcabber, too, crash with
the same segfault. Here's an output from gdb.

  [Switching to Thread 29403080 (LWP 101275/mcabber)]
  0x285c1245 in OPENSSL_ia32_cpuid () from /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.8

Both ports do no SSL themselves but depend on loudmouth.
However, I have disabled OpenSSL there.

  # grep SSL\\\|TLS /var/db/ports/net-im_loudmouth/options
  _FILE_COMPLETE_OPTIONS_LIST=DOCS GNUTLS OPENSSL
  OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=GNUTLS
  OPTIONS_FILE_UNSET+=OPENSSL

I have checked the ./configure calls parameters and there is a
--with-ssl=gnutls indeed.

I tried to config loudmouth with OpenSSL instead of GnuTLS,
but I encounter the same segfault.

What is going on here? What can I do further?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf