EFI ZFS loader successful load and boot

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Tue May 26 12:35:14 UTC 2015

Updates: with a new kernel, and the vt terminal, this works fine.

Unfortunately, the patch doesn't seem to work with a buildworld build (I was doing make from within the directories). This is related to a hack I do of copying zfs.c into the efi loader directory so it can be built with fPIC. The build system seems to get tripped up in mkdep as a result.

Could someone with more knowledge of the build system give me some pointers here? Otherwise, is all set for testing.

--
Sent from my Blackphone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.