EFI boot loader regression?

Eric McCorkle eric at metricspace.net
Sun May 10 18:04:47 UTC 2015

Sorry for the delay in posting this.  Attached is my latest work on the
boot block.  It includes numerous debugging messages.  You should be
able to tell if it gets all the way through the first stage, or where it
stops if it doesn't.

For everyone else, these are the outstanding issues I still need to address:

* I'm currently (ab)using the UEFI pool allocator as a malloc-like
mechanism.

* The partition scan completely ignores the GPT labels, and tries to
probe every single partition for every single filesystem.

* Need to work out argv-style options for the UEFI loader, and have the
boot block construct and pass in an argv array.

Any other comments are welcome.