Parsing debug.witness.badstacks

NGie Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Sat May 9 03:32:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,
    Some of the automation at $work was broken when moving from an
earlier version of FreeBSD to a later version of FreeBSD with witness
(mostly dealing with LORs from lockmgr), so I disabled printing out
LORs on the console and use debug.witness.badstacks instead to gather
LOR info.
    I've written up a quick and dirty tool for doing this:
https://github.com/yaneurabeya/scratch/blob/master/bayonetta/scratch/scripts/freebsd/parse_badstacks.py
. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in having a
similar tool in FreeBSD and/or if it made sense to instead output the
badstacks output [from the kernel] in a different, easier format to
digest (json, xml, etc).
Thanks!
-NGie