Sleeping thread held mutex in vm_pageout_oom()

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri Jan 23 15:24:40 UTC 2015

On 23 January 2015 at 03:36, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 07:30:19PM -0500, Ryan Stone wrote:
>> Other than the redundant braces on the else below, this looks good.  I
>> tested it today and saw no further problems.
> The (possibly implicit) style rule is to have {} around both branches
> in if () when one branch requires {}.

Unfortunately style(9) presents the opposite case as an example:

     Closing and opening braces go on the same line as the else.  Braces that
     are not necessary may be left out.

             if (test)
                     stmt;
             else if (bar) {
                     stmt;
                     stmt;
             } else
                     stmt;

It does say that the braces "may be" left out though, and I much
prefer the guideline as you state it.