status of projects/numa?

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 12 16:42:43 UTC 2015

On 12/23/14 8:11 PM, Gavin Mu wrote:
> Hi, Adrian,
>
> Our impl is based on FreeBSD 7.x, and full of tricky, and we are moving to newer FreeBSD version. This is why I am asking for this, we would like to re-write and keep sync with FreeBSD community. We want to know the latest status and where we can start from.
>
> I can see that projects/numa and also Jeff's repo have more functions implemented, and one userland API proposal on github. There is no update for a long time for all.
>
> There is also the wiki page at https://wiki.freebsd.org/NUMA. I am not sure if it is outdated or not.

The wiki page is a very recent thing (much more recent than
projects/numa) and I hope it will serve as a task list for the current
round of work.  However, even if it is a bit of a simplistic overview.
In my most recent talks with Jeff, some of the VM changes are quite a
bit more involved than that page implies (e.g. the need to use multiple
vmem's (one per domain) in the kmem layer).

I've seen the rest of this thread, but I am curious what you have
internally?  I wrote the very simple first-touch bits that were
committed to 9 that I used in production on 7.x and 8.x (and have since
been replaced in 10.x and later), but it was very simple and did not
expose anything API-wise.

--
John Baldwin