cluster FS?

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 10:17:28 UTC 2014

>From jkh at mail.turbofuzz.com Wed Oct  1 10:42:50 2014
>

>> On Oct 1, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bris.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>> So are you saying that the SAN model
>> is not good for active/active failover
>> with multiple nodes?
>
>Correct.  SAN is active/passive.
>
>For more information on high availability solutions, I suggest you check out the big file server vendors - there’s far more pertinent information in their various whitepapers then you’ll ever get on freebsd-hackers. :)

I thought HP was the "big fileserver vendor"...

Also, the SAN array I'm using does support
active/active model since 2006:

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/aa.pdf

*quote*
HP StorageWorks 1000 Modular Smart Array
Announcing active/active support

A recent web release of alternative MSA controller
firmware includes important new features,
including active/active controllers
*end quote*

Or am I confusing the issues again?

Many thanks for your time.