Expanding on NO_ROOT: Categorizing installed files

Sean Fagan sef at ixsystems.com
Tue Jul 15 21:10:26 UTC 2014

This primarily eliminates the environment passing; the cost of that is a lot more invasiveness.  (About 100k larger diffs, thus being unable to attach them.)

I have not changed it from having a new "category=" to using "tag="; I looked at that, and don't think it's the best way to go, but am still looking.

I also want to go over it and ensure that NO_ROOT is a strict superset of LOG_META_INFO -- that is, -DNO_ROOT should set -DLOG_META_INFO, and thus most places where I check for either, I should only check for LOG_META_INFO.

I also want to make it completely clear the categories I have chosen are simply because I was getting it to work :).  They should be *much* more precise than they are now.  (E.g., all of the NLS files might go into <main>:nls.  One can make the argument that GPL, CDDL, etc., license should be logged as well.)  This is primarily an attempt to validate the concept and direction.

(If anyone wants to see the python script I have to create a pkgng-like package out of it, let me know.)

Sean.