ata.4 changes

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 21 12:11:46 UTC 2014

Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <le7em3$qiv$1 at ger.gmane.org>:

iv> Hello,
iv>
iv> Can someone who knows more about man pages take a look at this patch to
iv> ata.4:
iv>
iv> Index: ada.4
iv> ===================================================================
iv> --- ada.4    (revision 262293)
iv> +++ ada.4    (working copy)
iv> @@ -25,7 +25,7 @@
iv>  .\"
iv>  .\" $FreeBSD$
iv>  .\"
iv> -.Dd February 8, 2012
iv> +.Dd February 21, 2014
iv>  .Dt ADA 4
iv>  .Os
iv>  .Sh NAME
iv> @@ -129,8 +129,14 @@
iv>  These variables determines whether device write cache should be enabled
iv>  globally or per-device or disabled.
iv>  Set to 1 to enable write cache, 0 to disable, -1 to leave it as-is.
iv> -Values modified in runtime take effect only after device reset.
iv> -The global default is currently enabled.
iv> +Values modified in runtime take effect only after device reset (using
iv> +.Xr camcontrol 8
iv> +reset).

 .Pq should be used for ():

  Values modified in runtime take effect only after device reset
  .Pq using reset subcommand of Xr camcontrol 8 .

iv> +Because of that, this setting should be changed in a
iv> +.Xr loader 8
iv> +tunable, not in
iv> +.Pa /etc/sysctl.conf .

 I think /boot/loader.conf is easier to understand:

  Because of that, this setting should be changed in
  .Pa /boot/loader.conf ,
  not in
  .Pa /etc/sysctl.conf .

iv> +The global default is currently 1.
iv>  The per-device default is to leave it as-is (follow global setting).
iv>  .El
iv>  .Sh FILES
iv>
iv> - is it according to style and am I using the tags correctly?

-- Hiroki