10.1 hangs during boot on Intel DP35DP board

Christopher R. Bowman crb at chrisbowman.com
Tue Dec 2 05:58:01 UTC 2014

Adrian,
	Hi!  Thank you for your response.  Booting verbose does indeed produce more information.  It still reaches the Timecounters line but now also produces the following output after that:

vlan: initialized, using hash tables with chaining
tcp_init: net.inet.tcp.tcphashsize auto tuned to 16384
lo0: bpf attached
hpt27xx: no controller detected.
hptrr: no controller detected.
hptnr: no controller detected.

And then it hangs again with no indication of why and you have to push reset as the keyboard is non responsive.  Any suggestions?  Again I’m happy to try and suggestion or even loan out the machine to someone who’s looking for a puzzle to solve.  (You’re here in the bay area aren’t you?  I think we met at a meetBSD year before last, was that you?)

Again, thanks for the response and don’t hesitate if you have more questions or suggestions.

Christopher