MITM attacks against portsnap and freebsd-update

Anton Afanasyev aasoft at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 03:59:48 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> lot s of people  have their environments set up assuming this is true.
> (me included). It's also a worry abotu wether one has ht eright version of
> SVN
> or whether you  need some special version (we did at one stage)... this
> takes all
> the qustions out of it.

That makes sense. But it seems to me that having extra tools like SVN and
rsync in the base, and having to keep them updated, is more trouble than
using an extra script to let you install those utilities from ports.

 I know .. Git-lovers are upset..

Was this addressed to me, or just a general rant/reference that I did not
understand?

Anton