Fuse on FreeBSD 9.2

Mark Felder feld at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 8 11:43:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013, at 6:34, Mark Felder wrote:

> I think the "fix" is the new from-scratch fuse module in FreeBSD 10,
> which in my experience works flawlessly. Perhaps you should instead see
> if someone is willing to backport that fuse module to 9.x?

Well actually the description on the WhatsNew/FreeBSD10 page has me on
the fence about whether or not the port and the new module in FreeBSD 10
share the same source. You could diff it to find out. I'm a bit short on
time this morning to dig into that. :-)

"The FreeBSD port (including the clean-room BSD-licenced
reimplementation of the kernel module) was created during 2 summer of
code mandates and being revived by gnn recently. The functionality in
this commit matches the content of fusefs-kmod port, which doesn't need
to be installed anymore for -CURRENT setups."

https://wiki.freebsd.org/WhatsNew/FreeBSD10