Do pfil(9) hooks receive TCP retransmissions?

R. Tyler Croy tyler at monkeypox.org
Mon Nov 25 18:19:38 UTC 2013

I'm looking at the pfil(9) interface to accomplish some packet inspection
tasks, but the man page leaves some ambiguity in this case.

If the hooks are not invoked multiple times for retransmissions then I can
imagine it being relatively "simple" to implement a basic firewall with these
hooks without implementing loads of state tracking for packets.

I would appreciate any guidance the list can offer on using pfil(9) :)

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
    Code: https://github.com/rtyler
 Chatter: https://twitter.com/agentdero