syslog(3) and truncated messages.

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 12 22:00:23 UTC 2013

I have a daemon (namely ctld(8)) that, when running with debug enabled,
outputs a lot of information to the syslog, using the usual syslog(3) API.
Problem is, the output gets truncated: at some point the log messages
from all involved processes stop getting logged, even though the processes
continue to run, confirmed by subsequent kernel messages, which get logged
properly.

Any idea what might be going on?

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?