Using bsd.prog.mk in a project with multiple binaries

R. Tyler Croy tyler at monkeypox.org
Wed Nov 6 16:45:33 UTC 2013

Howdy, I'm trying to find some documentation or examples of using bsd.prog.mk
inside of a project with multiple binaries that need to get created. I'm able
to shuffle the manpages and source code into directories to where each binary
can have a Makefile, but I cannot find anything in the Developer's Handbook
discussing such a project layout. E.g.:

  -daemon.git/
    -daemon/
      daemon.man.1
      daemon.c
    -daemontool/
      daemontool.man.1
      daemontool.c

Does one simply use a parent Makefile which calls into each directory? Or is
there some other .mk file with helpers for this?

A related question would be, does this even make snese as far as a project
layout is concerned? This project I intend on creating a port for once it's
further along, and I'd like to avoid painting myself into any cornners with the
makefiles now if I can avoid it.

Any advice/examples/pointers would be appreciated :)

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy
    Code: https://github.com/rtyler
 Chatter: https://twitter.com/agentdero