RELEASE 9.2 build

rank1seeker at gmail.com rank1seeker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 09:35:04 UTC 2013

So, upon shift from 9.1 to 9.2 at installworld part, I've received ONLY '1 error', as I use my script, which separates STDOUT to /dev/null and STDERR to console.
I had to manually navigate to /usr/src and do a 'installworld' JUST to see error msg. ('auditdistd' user had to be added)

I talk about this issue from 8.*!
Compilation of /usr/src (tested 9.2), STILL outputs EVERYTHING to STDOUT!
When will it finally start to separate errors to STDERR?!

Next problem is tied to ports, which have kernel modules.
After above minor shift, I had ntfs fuse related panics, upon umount of ntfs, which were fixed by rebuilding 'sysutils/fusefs-kmod'

So I added 'PORTS_MODULES=sysutils/fusefs-kmod' into '/etc/make.conf' and got this upon kernel rebuild
# /usr/bin/make -j4 buildkernel KERNCONF=SERVER
-----------------------
Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER/usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod/work/fuse4bsd-498acaef33b0.
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod.
*** [all] Error code 1
1 error
*** [buildkernel] Error code 2
1 error
*** [buildkernel] Error code 2
1 error
-----------------------

As advised, I added 'MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes', without jobs:

# make buildkernel KERNCONF=SERVER MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes
-----------------------
fuse_vfsops.c: In function 'fuse_mount':
fuse_vfsops.c:339: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:339: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:340: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:340: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:341: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:341: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:342: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:342: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:343: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:343: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:345: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
fuse_vfsops.c:345: warning: passing argument 3 of 'vfs_flagopt' from incompatible pointer type
*** [fuse_vfsops.o] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER/usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod/work/fuse4bsd-498acaef33b0/fuse_module.
*** [all] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER/usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod/work/fuse4bsd-498acaef33b0.
*** [do-build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-kmod.
*** [all] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SERVER.
*** [buildkernel] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.