stupid question about sendmail

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Fri May 24 08:59:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:19+0200, Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> My bad, take a look at the /etc/mail/genericstable file:
>
> http://www.sendmail.com/sm/open_source/docs/m4/features.html
>
> Maybe a line like this one will help you achieve your goal:
>
> jax at bar.com	error:5.7.0:550 Address invalid

I was wrong again, sorry, but I believe I got it right this time:

1. Edit the /etc/mail/access file.

2. Insert a line like this one:

To:mailbox at some.domain.tld REJECT

3. Save the /etc/mail/access file.

4. Change to the /etc/mail directory if not already there.

5. Run the make command to update the /etc/mail/access.db.

6. Try to send email to the blacklisted recipient.

7. If successful, the sender should recieve:

reason: 550 5.2.1 <mailbox at some.domain.tld>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |