clang generated code sometimes confuses fbt

Matt Burke mattblists at icritical.com
Mon Mar 4 07:57:42 UTC 2013

On 03/02/13 17:35, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> To summarize: I would be glad of either clang generated code was
> "fbt-friendly" or if ctf information was generated for
> bpobj_iterate_impl. Either is perfect for me.

Apologies if this is a silly suggestion, but are you building with -O0?
I've noticed backtraces being hard to follow (i.e. skipping intermediate
and wrapper functions) with a kernel built with the default optimisation
level, and it seems to me that the same thing may be happening here - the
wrappers are being optimised out.

--
Sorry for the following

iCritical is a brand of Critical Software Ltd.
Registered in England & Wales: 04909220.
Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical.

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this message in error, or there are any problems with its content, please
contact the sender.