Kernel dumps [was Re: possible changes from Panzura]

Jordan K. Hubbard jordan.hubbard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:52:34 UTC 2013

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:27 AM, Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I could imagine that we could stash away a vimage stack just for this purpose.
> yould set it up on boot and leave it detached until you need it.
>
> you just need to switch the interfaces over to the new stack on panic and put them into 'poll' mode.

That sounds like a rather clever solution to this problem (OS X doesn't support vimage, despite repeated attempts on my part to change that).

How much work do you think it would take to bang out a proof of concept?  Is anyone up to the challenge?  Any incentives I can provide?  This would be really useful. :-)

- Jordan