weekly periodic security status

Darren Pilgrim list_freebsd at bluerosetech.com
Mon Aug 26 22:12:10 UTC 2013

On 8/26/2013 5:09 PM, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:29:30PM -0400, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
>> The new framework would let me rely on the environment instead of $0,
>> which, IMO, is more reliable.  I'd need to be able to tell periodic to
>> run that script with the daily, weekly and monthly security runs, though.
>
> If I understand what you say correctly, this should continue to work.

As I understand the framework, I can only set the enable to "NO",
"daily", "weekly" or "monthly".  Periodic will only run it one of the
periods.  How would I set it to run in all three?  How would I set to
run in only two of the three periods?

It seems like you could add this functionality by adding stars to each
end of the case patterns in check_yesno_period.