review of patches for the gssd that handle getpwXX_r ERANGE return

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sat Apr 27 20:38:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have attached two patches, which can also be found at:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/getpw.patch1 and getpw.patch2

They are almost identical and handle the ERANGE error return from
getpw[nam|uid]_r() when buf[128] isn't large enough.

Is anyone interested in reviewing these? (This has been discussed
some time ago, but the patch was never reviewed. Actually I reviewed
a patch similar to this, but the submitter subsequently requested that
I not use their patch, so I wrote similar ones.)

Thanks in advance for any review, rick