USB Printer quirks

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:45:19 UTC 2013

I've got my printer to finally work, now that I got around to hooking it
up again and trying.  It's a Kodak AiO, and there's a driver that's been
around for a few years and works under Linux.  It doesn't work properly
under FreeBSD, or a Debian/kFreeBSD jail, but does work under a Linux
jail.  With FreeBSD, the best I'd get is one document and then need to
power cycle the printer to get it to do anything.  From what I remember
of the logs, the communication wasn't coming back properly.  Cups is
reporting it's not getting bidirectional communication, but it is mostly
printing properly.

Since it works under the Linux jail, and not the Debian jail, I'm
assuming it has to be a FreeBSD kernel issue that's masked by the Linux
overhead.  But where would I begin to troubleshoot the underlying issue?
  Right now I'm running a -CURRENT kernel:

FreeBSD jri.homeunix.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #15 r249169M:
Fri Apr  5 16:12:04 CDT 2013
root at jri.homeunix.com:/usr/obj/root/ATH/head/sys/ATH  amd64

Any help would be appreciated.